Spin London – March 28/30
Spin London – March 28/30 2014
Three day cycling exhibition and events in London
Spin London is set to run from Friday 28 to the 30th of March and is a celebration of contemporary cycling culture held at the Old Truman Brewery in London.
On show are Dutch bike builders Vanhulsteijn, Taiwan builders AOI.Cycle, US fashion brand Cleverhood, Italian Denim from PEdALEd, Parisian brand Esthete (LED bike jackets) and cycling focussed Illustrator Eliza Southwood will be taking coffee, cyclic art classes alongside life drawing.
Event founder Alex Daw says of Spin London,“ You can’t ignore the fact that cycling is now mainstream in London and becoming so in the UK. As a result, it has created its own unique culture formed from sub cultures and independent movements. This event mirrors the buzz, energy and synergy of cycling and contemporary culture. For consumers nowadays craft, heritage and convenience are paramount – as such we are providing a platform for independent brands and retailers whom you won’t find on the high street. All this set against a backdrop of thought provoking talks, Live Bike Polo, trick demos, cyclic comedy, Art, DJ’s, Theatre, Belgian craft ale, coffee & street food”.
In addition there is lessons in the art of ‘bike-polo’ and demonstrations from ex-bike thieves on how not to get your bike stolen.
• Pedal powered theatre troupe ‘The Handlebards’ will be at Spin LDN: On just four bicycles, having cycled the length of the country they will carry all the necessary set, props, costumes and camping equipment to perform two of Shakespeare’s greatest plays – ‘Macbeth’ and ‘The Comedy Of Errors’.
• Gold winning Paralympian Mark Colbourne will divulge his inspirational journey from life threatening injury to Olympic Gold at London 2012
• Futuristic ‘Skycycle’ creators on behalf of Fosters & Partners will be discussing their ambitious plans.
• Lessons and demo’s of bike-polo, live trick BMX demos and tutorials
• Two-wheeled jokes from Dutch Comedian Wooter Reijs – who cycles to all his gigs
• Tips on how ‘not’ to secure your bike by local former bike thieves, police spokesmen & bike security firms
• Tales of epic, death-defying rides from noted former cyclists
• Spin ‘cycling brew’ from craft beer maker Brewers & Union – specially created for the event.
• Spinning sensation ‘Cyclebeat’ will also be at the show with their high-energy adrenaline-powered roller ‘beatboard’.
• DJs such as 6Music’s Gideon Coe, coffee from Peloton & Co, delicious street food from Great Balls of Fire Bros and Mamas Jerk Station.
• Plus product showcases from the world’s most exciting cycling brands, including legendary British saddle makers ‘Brooks’, Swedish pioneers ‘Hovding’ (the invisible cycling helmet),
Friday March 28th – 5 PM – 10 PM (limited public)
Saturday March 29th – 10 AM – 6 PM
Sunday March 30th – 10 AM – 5 PM
Old Truman Brewery, 15 Hanbury Place Entrance, E1 6QR, London.
PRICE: £6 in advance from www.spinldn.com, £10 on the door