GripGrab Cycle Wear
GripGrab Cycle Wear is a new product range from the Scandinavian brand, best known for their gloves and overshoes.
When it comes to hands and feet, GripGrab have it covered; pun intended! Now the masters of keeping your extremities warm and dry are launching a new range of GripGrap Cycle Wear. After twenty years this expansion into a clothing range means they can now bring us a full-body experience. We’ve reviewed a lot of their kit and have always been impressed.
This new range comes just as the summer is ending and the weather is turning. While some of us may be contemplating hanging up our wheels and heading indoors, GripGrab riders are made of sterner stuff. The Scandinavian brand has always been about equipping riders with kit to allow them to ride no matter the weather. So it should be no surprise that GripGrab Cycle Wear carries on with that theme.
GripGrab Cycle Wear Equipping cyclists to Ride All Year
The GripGrab Cycle Wear range includes male and female specific clothing. Both sexes get equal treatment in the range, with jackets, gilets, jerseys, shorts and bib-tights for all. The designs are solid, with soft autumnal colours that will age well. So there should be no need to constantly update your wardrobe, which is a bonus.
Below are four prime examples from the range that GripGrab think show this approach:
RAINMASTER Waterproof Jacket
The GripGrab RAINMASTER jacket is lightweight, durable, breathable and packable. It has a lot of thought-through details and GripGrab’s usual high attention to fit and functionality.
1. Waterproof Lightweight protection – 15K (15,000mm) waterproof and windproof fabric with fully taped seams, protects you against downpours and windchill.
2. Extremely breathable – Lightweight 40K (40,000 g/m²/24h) breathable fabric allows perspiration to escape from within, enabling all-season use
3. Seal out the elements – Close-fitting cuffs and a high cut mesh-lined collar help to seal out wind and rain
4. Two-way YKK® Vislon AquaGuard zip – Allows you to regulate airflow and access jersey pockets beneath, without needing to take off the jacket
5. Reflective details – Enhance your visibility to other road users in low light conditions
GRAVELIN Merinotech Jersey
The GripGrab GRAVELIN is a classic jersey with state-of-the-art details. It uses a merino+synthetic fabric blend, to offer the best of both worlds. The merino wool delivers thermal regulation, while the synthetic fibres offer improved stretch and enhanced moisture wicking capabilities.
1. Merino wool fabric blend – Soft and insulating merino wool mixed with durable and moisture wicking recycled synthetic fibres
2. Full length YKK zip – Allows you to regulate airflow and temperature as you ride
3. Rear pockets – Three rear top entry pockets and one zipped pocket, to house all your ride essentials
4. Reflective details – Enhance your visibility to other road users in low light conditions
5. Athletic fit – A close but comfortable fit, for all day wear and a more relaxed style
AQUAREPEL Water-Resistant Bib Shorts
These shorts use a three-layer softshell waterproof construction, perfect for those venturing out in the colder months. It uses flatlock seams, high-stretch fabric and an Elastic Interface pad to ensure a comfortable and close fit.
1. Waterproof and breathable – Front, side and back panels use a three-layer softshell fabric construction with a fully waterproof and breathable membrane for maximum protection
2. High stretch and secure fit – The stretch softshell fabric with flatlock seams ensures a close and comfortable fit, while silicone grippers on the bottom hem ensure a secure hold
3. Elastic Interface seatpad – LIÈGE HP pad offers superior comfort during long distance rides with its high-density foam in an anatomically contoured design
4. Insulating fleece inserts – The underside of the leg and waist use a high-stretch fleece fabric for added breathability and comfort
5. PFC-free DWR coating – A PFC-free Durable Water Repellent (DWR) treatment adds extra water-resistance to the fabrics
THERMACORE Bodywarmer Vest
The Teijin Octa Airmesh fabric used on the front and back panels has an exceptional warmth-to-weight ratio. The front panel is windproof, making this lightweight bodywarmer a true solution to cold riding days. Designed to wear underneath a jacket or jersey, adding a vital layer of insulation when needed.
1. Maximum insulation – Teijin Octa Airmesh fabric on the front and back panels provides exceptional warmth-to-weight ratio.
2. Highly breathable – All fabrics are highly breathable to allow for perspiration and condensation to escape from within.
3. Close-fitting cut – Stretch panels on the side of the vest allow for a close and comfortable fit that maximises insulation.
4. Windproof front panel – Lightweight Japanese windproof fabric with PFC-free Durable Water Repellent (DWR) treatment on the front of the vest for added protection.
5. Zippered rear pocket – A small, zipped pocket on the rear of the vest is ideal for storage of small valuables.
GripGrab say their new CycleWear range has a strong focus on functionality. Well designed and thought out products will be appreciated by customers, who will go on to use them for many years. Classic designs will hopefully mean that they will not feel the need to be changing their outfits as fashions change. This not only saves money, but also reduces waste and promotes sustainable choices.
Ride all year with GripGrab Cycle Wear
With the launch of the GripGrab Cycle Wear range, perhaps there will be less reason to hunker down indoors this winter? Maybe we should all plan to be a little more Scandinavian, a little more GripGRab? Look out for a review soon. See the full range here.